Arash Karimpour / آرش کریم پور
- Karimpour A., (2018), Ocean Wave Data Analysis: Introduction to Time Series Analysis, Signal Processing, and Wave Prediction, KDP. Link
- Kaye N. B., Karimpour A., (2018), Debris Motion Initiation, in Wind-Borne Debris Hazards, N. B. Kaye (ed.), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- Karimpour A., Chen Q., and Jadhav R. (2013), Turbidity Dynamics in Upper Terrebonne Bay, Louisiana. Sediment Transport: Monitoring, Modeling and Management, A. Khan, and W. Wu (ed.), Nova Sc. Pub. PDF File
Refereed Journal Publications
- Everett, T., Chen, Q., Karimpour, A., & Twilley, R. (2018). Quantification of Swell Energy and Its Impact on Wetlands in a Deltaic Estuary. Estuaries and Coasts, 1-17. Link
- Karimpour, A., & Chen, Q. (2017). Wind Wave Analysis in Depth Limited Water Using OCEANLYZ, a MATLAB toolbox. Computers & Geosciences, 106,181-189. Link
- Karimpour, A., Chen, Q.,Twilley, R.R. (2017), Wind Wave Behavior in Fetch and Depth Limited Estuaries, Scientific Reports, 7, 40654. Link
- Karimpour, A., Chen, Q. (2016), A Simplified Parametric Model for Fetch-Limited Peak Wave Frequency in Shallow Estuaries, Journal of Coastal Research: Volume 32, Issue 4: pp. 954 – 965. Link
- Karimpour, A., Chen, Q., & Twilley, R. R. (2016). A Field Study of How Wind Waves and Currents May Contribute to the Deterioration of Saltmarsh Fringe. Estuaries and Coasts, 39: 935-950. Link
- Karimpour A., Kaye N.B. (2013), Wind tunnel measurement of the parapet height role on roof gravel blow-off rate for two dimensional low rise buildings, J. of Wind Eng. And Ind. Aerodyn, Vol. 114, Mar 2013, P 38-47. Link
- Karimpour A., Kaye N.B. (2012), The critical velocity for aggregate blow-off from a built-up roof, J. of Wind Eng. And Ind. Aerodyn, Vol. 107–108, Aug–Sep 2012, P 83-93. Link
- Karimpour A., Kaye N.B. (2012), On the stochastic nature of compact debris flight, J. of Wind Eng. And Ind. Aerodyn, Vol. 100 (1), Jan 2012, P 77-90. Link
- Karimpour A., Kaye N.B., and Baratian-Ghorghi Z. (2012), Modeling the neutrally stable atmospheric boundary layer for laboratory scale studies of the built environment, Build. and Envi., Vol. 49, Mar 2012, P 203-211. Link
- Karimpour A., Kaye N. B., and Khan A. A. (2011), A CFD study of merging turbulent plane jets, J. Hydraul. Eng., 137(3), 381–385. Link
- Karimpour A. (2010), Effect of time span between mixing and compacting on roller compacted concrete (RCC) containing ground granulated blast furnace slag (GGBFS), Const. and Build. Mat., Vol. 24 (11), P 2079-2083. Link
Conference Proceedings and Presentation
- Kaye N. B., Karimpour A. (2016), A preliminary CFD study of the impact of wind heterogeneity on the flight of compact debris in a 2-D urban canyon. 8th Int. Coll. on Bluff Body Aerodynamics and Applications, Boston, MA, USA, Jun 7-11, 2016.
- Johnson C., Chen Q. J., Karimpour A., Jafari N., Everett T., and Parker K. (2016), Advancements on Coastal Marsh Edge Erosion Modeling Through the Incorporation of Soil Properties, State of the Coast Conference, New Orleans, LA, USA, Jun 1-3, 2016.
- Heffner L., Karimpour A., Chen Q. J., Twilley R. R. (2016), Watch the Delta Grow: combining scientific research and outreach efforts focused on the Wax Lake Delta to create science-based educational programs, State of the Coast Conference, New Orleans, LA, USA, Jun 1-3, 2016.
- Bentley S., Bomer J., Hughes E., Johnson C., Xu K., Chen J., Karimpour A., Heath A., Crawford F. (2016), Geological and Geotechnical Characterization of the Middle Barataria Bay and Middle Breton Sound Diversion Receiving Basins, State of the Coast Conference, New Orleans, LA, USA, Jun 1-3, 2016.
- Johnson C., Chen Q. J., Karimpour A., Jafari N., and Everett T. (2016), Towards Incorporating Soil Substrate Properties into a Marsh Edge Erosion Model, EMI 2016 Conference, Nashville, TN, USA, May 22-25, 2016.
- Johnson C., Chen Q. J., Karimpour A., Bentley S. J., White C., Xu K., Wang J. and Fanguy M. (2016), Sedimentary Features of the Coastal Wetlands of Breton Sound and Barataria Bay in the Mississippi River Delta and their Implications for Sediment Transport and Coastal Restoration, Ocean Sciences Meeting, New Orleans, LA, USA, Feb 21-26, 2016.
- Johnson C., Chen Q., Karimpour A., Bentley S., White C., Xu K., Wang J. (2015), Geological and Geotechnical Characterization of Coastal Marshes in the Mississippi River Delta, Coastal Sediments 2015, San Diego, CA, USA, May 11-15, 2015.
- Chen Q., Karimpour A., Parker K., Hu K. (2014), Attenuation of hurricane-generated waves in flooded wetlands: Theory, field observation and modeling, 34th International Conference on Coastal Engineering ICCE2014, Seoul, Korea, June 15-20, 2014.
- Karimpour A., Chen Q. (2014), Measurement of wave-induced current velocity in Salt Marsh of Terrebonne Bay, LA, State of the Coast Conference, New Orleans, LA, USA, March 18-20, 2014.
- Karimpour A., Chen Q. (2013), Field Observation of Wave-Induced Flow in Salt Marsh, Engineering Mechanics Institute 2013 Conference, Evanston, IL, USA, August 4-7, 2013.
- Chen Q., Parker K., Jadhav R., Karimpour A. (2013), Field measurements of waves and surge over submerged vegetation during Hurricane Isaac in 2012, EMI 2013 Conference, Evanston, IL, USA, August 4-7, 2013.
- Parker K., Chen Q., Karimpour A. (2013), Field monitoring of wave power and marsh edge erosion in Terrebonne Bay, southern Louisiana, EMI 2013 Conference, Evanston, IL, USA, August 4-7, 2013.
- Karimpour A., Chen Q. J. and Jadhav R. (2012), Relationships between turbidity and bottom shear stresses in Terrebonne Bay, Louisiana, State of the Coast Conference, New Orleans, LA, USA, June 25-27, 2012. PDF File
- Karimpour A. & Kaye N. B. (2012), Reynolds numbers effects in small scale studies of roof gravel blow‐off, 2012 Joint Conference of the Engineering Mechanics Institute and 11th ASCE Joint Specialty Conference on Probabilistic Mechanics and Structural Reliability (EMI/PMC 2012).
- Karimpour A. & Kaye N. B. (2010), The debris flight equations in a model atmospheric boundary layer, A.A.W.E. Comp. Wind Eng. Conf., Chapel Hill, NC, USA, May 23-27, 2010. PDF File
- Kaye N. B., Nielson B. & Karimpour A. (2009), The Effect of Surrounding Buildings on the Pressure Coefficients for Low Rise Housing, Submitted to The South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.